Questions for the Next Bible Study Meeting on Thursdays
Chapter 1 of the Book of John
1. Who was the man sent from God mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. What was God’s purpose of this man?
3. What is John referring to when he said “That was the true Light, which lighteth every
man that cometh into the worlds”?
4. What is John referring to in verse 11 of this chapter?
5. What is John referring to when he said “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among
6. By whom did grace and truth come into our world?
7. When the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask John the Baptist , Who art
thou, what was his answer?
8. How did John the Baptist describe himself to the priests and Levites sent to inquire of
9. When talking about Christ how did John the Baptist describe himself as being unfit?
10. Where was John the Baptist baptizing when he was approached by the priests and Levites?
11. When John the Baptist saw Jesus coming to him, what did he say?
12. How did John the Baptist know that Jesus was the Son of God?
13. What was the name of one of the two disciples of John the Baptist who first followed
14. Who was this man’s brother?
15. Where was Philip when Jesus called him to follow Him?
16. What did Jesus do that convinced Nathanael that he was the Son of God?
17. Was Jesus and John the Baptist related?
18. How were they related?
19.Who was older, John the Baptist or Jesus?
20. What were the names of John the Baptist's parents?
Complete your questions and bring them with you to Bible Study